Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend of Mo`opuna (grandchildren)

It's been a long and wonderful weekend with my mo`opuna (grandchildren). It started Friday morning and ended Saturday night. My daughter's daughters range in age 7 mos. to 3 yrs. old and I had them by myself until Saturday morning. Thank goodness it was a sunny day, they love being outside. We have a pool  for them along with a slip-n-slide. They stayed out in the backyard for hours. Of course, they couldn't eat their breakfast fast enough Saturday morning so that they could be outdoors again.
They also love to do crafts. So they use my paper punches to create one of kind pictures and cards. The more they can glue those punched flowers to everything and anything the better! They made their own paperbag Easter baskets this year. The 7 month old is quite happy to watch all the activities (for now).
I'm still working on my workroom. I've noticed as I'm cleaning and restoring that we crafters and artists have an uncanny way of storing so much in such tiny spaces!
Last week I took some time to visit Angela Cartwright's site and noticed some familar sketchings/doodlings (for lack of a better word). So I linked to that site, called Zentangle. I was caught off guard a bit, as the sketches reminded me of the doodling I did when I was in high school. You know back in the "hippy days", when we didn't want to listen to the teacher's lecture, we'd take black ink and pen (usually India ink) and create these psychedelic black and whites sketches. Well, turns out that you can get a certification so that you can teach others how to do those sketches. In fact you can't teach someone how to Zentangle unless you are certified. Wow, why didn't I think of that?!  Cha-ching! So, I spent some time "doodling" without  being certified (I guess as long as I don't call it "Zentangle") and here's what I came up with. I forgot how relaxing doing this type of art can be.  
 
Aloha for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments make me happy, so even though it says "no comments", just click on it and comment away. Aloha!