Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lazy Afternoon

Our house is and will always be a work in progress, because my husband likes to do the renovations and repairs by himself. I think we both forget we're not spring chickens anymore, so we tend to move and do things a little slower these days. So, he's working on a little room just off of our bedroom; opening it up to make our room larger. Now, this little room is where I stored excess books and shall I say vintage magazines (if you get my drift), while he stored his excess luggage and tools, golf balls and golf clubs (he hardly golfs). Everything is on my front deck right now. For the past couple of weeks, it just seems chaotic because now I'm forced to address a new home for my things and cull through them to see what I can donate or just get rid of.
Though we have this chaos going on here, we have managed to cut some bananas and pick some of our grape tomatoes. Check it out:

I think I'm trying to avoid the obvious, so I look for things that must be done, like, I had to solder a broken mini lampshade, so out came the soldering iron only to find that it wouldn't heat properly. I switched to a different tip after an hour or so, had to wait for the other tip to cool down, and lo' and behold it worked! I was able to fix the lampshade and I also found these soldered pendant/charms I made some time ago. These are stickers from Deb's Rubberstamp Plantation that I have sandwiched between two squares of memory glass by Rangerink or Inkssentials, foiled in copper then soldered using silver-gleem lead-free solder. I put two stamps together so that both sides could be used.

My Bff's sister came for a visit from Washington state one year and learn how to do this from me. She went gang busters making tons of different charms with these, rubber stamped pics, and even made charms with scrabble pieces; made lots of money that Christmas at the craft fairs.
That's it for now, I think I hear the books and magazines calling...
Aloha,

3 comments:

  1. Hi Grammie! Hope you're enjoying the rest of your summer! You must be busy, since you haven't been posting much! I thought I'd stop by and say Aloha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I can sure identify with not being 'spring chickens'. Love your blog and this current post. I'm sorry to be so late in thanking you for stopping by my studio, the time just slips away sometimes. But you can be sure that I will be stopping by frequently to check your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Sound just like my house. My husband like to do the renovation himself so there are many places that needed to be done.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments make me happy, so even though it says "no comments", just click on it and comment away. Aloha!