Monday, May 16, 2011

Squeezing In a Post

Aloha,
It's been a while and much has happened and much is still going on.  At the beginning of May, we took a trip to Nevada to visit my husband's sister and her husband.  We had a great time, good eats and fun time just spending time with each other.  When we got back home, the weather was like we left it, wet.  But right outside our house facing the Ko`olau mountains is this, soon after the rain.

Even though we got home just before Mothers' Day, it's been hectic catching up with everything, I haven't had time to log-on long enough to check everyone's blog. Checking the chickens, our garden and grooming our sweet dog gave me little time to be on the computer except for late at night when I can barely think straight.
This past weekend things finally calmed down, so I spent Saturday with some classmates, playing cards and eating.  One of my GF's also went on a trip. She brought back some of the sweetest goodies to eat.  I've been traveling back and forth to Vegas for years and I've never heard of this place:

I will definitely put this place on my to-visit list the next time I'm there.These mini bundt cakes were so delicious!
I'm making some thank you cards and will post them as soon as I can. I take the long way around my photography when it comes to doing the watermark thing, the sizing in pixels, etc., so please bear with me. 
One last thing before I go.  I wanted to share my gardenias with you.  It seems my gardenia bush is a little late in blooming this year.  I thought we weren't going to have any, since the chickens have been pecking at the leaves earlier.


That's it for now; it's quite late here, about 11:30pm so I'm headed off to bed. 
Aloha,

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I LOVE Nothing Bundt Cakes...in fact, I have a chocolate chip bundtlet in my fridge right now! Thinking of going to get more...the chocolate one is definitely my favorite...second would be red velvet! Glad to hear you had a great time on your vacay!

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you again! That's wonderful, though, that you've been so busy doing fun, happy things! I just love the name of that place.....Nothing bundt Cakes! Very unique!! Yummy looking goodies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Grammie! Welcome home and glad you had such a grand time! I'll be going to LV in August - I better Google them and get the address! You have a beautiful view of the Ko`olau Mountains and your gardenias must've smelled wonderful ... take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Grammie! Oh wow, what a beautiful view you have and to see those waterfalls . . . such beauty! :) Boy, oh boy, my mouth is watering for those bundt cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing view you have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments make me happy, so even though it says "no comments", just click on it and comment away. Aloha!