Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stampin' Up Vintage Fabric

Aloha Oukou,
I've been buying a lot of Stampin' Up toys and lovelies lately and I don't always photograph everything I make.  But I did want to share this little piece with everyone.  The die cut is the scallop cone from SU, I just didn't include the scallop part. The outer fabric is the vintage collection, also from SU and the lining is from my stash of fabric.  What I did was use steam a seam (applique webbing) and fused two pieces of fabric together, cut the fabric to fit the die, then run it through the machine.  I embellished my cone with a couple of vintage buttons from my button collection and added some trim and ribbon roses along with a quickly made tassel.
This is all I have this week, hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Friday I'll have 4 GCs until Saturday evening. So, I had to post Thursday night or I would not post at all.
Aloha,

13 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! looks like something you would find in cinnamon girl! have a fun time with the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha! I love your creativity!!! And just want to send (((hugs)) from New Orleans!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say that I'm so happy that your copy of Creating Vintage Charm arrived--I'm so thrilled! And thank you for your sweet comments...This is so exciting for me and I was so happy that you were able to get the magazine...I think it is such a beautiful publication.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of all the creations that I saw using this die, your is the prettiest one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for coming to visit! I wanted to tell you that I made a special post on Monday--it's called Heart to Heart...I think you may want to read it--I'd love your feedback (people are still leaving comments.)
    Have a beautiful day!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wayna,

    Thank you so much for giving me your feedback! It was awesome!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. Love the cone shape, I ned to buy me that die. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! I love your knitting from a previous post & your use of bright yarns. Have a happy weekend ahead. ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my~~~!!! this is gorgeous! I didn't think you can make anything gorgeous like this with the petal cone die! wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aloha Wayna--
    I hope you're having an awesome Sunday in beautiful Hawaii!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey lady! All I can say is WOW! After meeting you in February, I kept meaning to get on your blog and comment, but never did until now. You are definitely one Creative Grammie!!! I was so amazed at your talent after checking out all your older posts. You sure have a lot going on and I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your God given talent with us! Hope you're doing well and maybe we'll see each other at another Stamp Camp! Keep in touch, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Wayna, this fabric cone petal is just out of this world beautiful! I bought the vintage fabric also but never thought of using it this way...so creative and talented! All your other projects are gorgeous! I think we have to change your "nickname" from Wonderful Wayna to Wow-Wee-Wayna! I hope we get to see and craft with you again at another Stamp Camp! I had fun that day!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments make me happy, so even though it says "no comments", just click on it and comment away. Aloha!