Sunday, October 16, 2011

Some Cards & New Buttons

Aloha Everyone,
Another busy week and weekend, but of course fun.  I spent the week making cards for birthdays, thank you, and thinking of you.  I have a couple more that I'd like to make, guess I know what I'll be doing this week.
Here's a card I made for my dear friend's husband who celebrated his Kanreki (60 yrs old) celebration.
I used the Cricut to cut the red fish and birthday sentiment, the Bigshot to add the fishes in pond texture. Quick and easy.
This next card is another quick card and not one that I'd plan to make, however, long story short, my Hoku dog wandered off the property, down the driveway and meandered down the street, in the street....oh...sorry, I said short.  Anyway, this card is for the very kind gentleman who saved Hoku from getting runned over by a car.
Now, I'd like to draw your attention to the new buttons on my side-bar to the right.  I completed a fantastic seminar hosted by Cindy Adkins of Whimsical Musings.  For completing the free seminar, I received this badge.  If you click it, you'll be taken to her blog and if you click the tab for the seminar, you too can complete the seminar for free.  I think I've said it before, but I don't mind repeating.  Cindy has a very big heart and loves to help everyone with their blog.  She has several blogs, however this is her main blog and you can visit her other blogs from there.  Also, while you're there, check out her books on blogging.  I did and I wasn't disappointed.
The second button is for Sonya's blog,  Counting My Blessings.  The first time I visited Sonya's blog, I fell in love with it.  She's a very talented artist, her mixed media collage pieces are beautiful.  Stop in for a visit.

Well that's it for now.  I hope everyone had a great weekend and I know that we'll all have a wonderful new week.  Thanks for stopping by for a visit and thanks to all you kind-hearted visitors for leaving a comment.
Aloha,


5 comments:

  1. Delighted to meet you,visiting your blog has been a pleasure
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, Cindy is an amazing lady. I love your beautiful art and came back to see what you have been up to. Fab work, they are both great pieces.
    have a lovely week
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool cards you made! Going to check out your bloggy friends!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, I love what you have been up to, Wayna!! And thank you so much for this post--that was so incredibly sweet of you!! As you can imagine, I have been running back and forth to appts. The surgery is Friday...I've written so many emails that I can't remember who I told anything to! lol

    And Sonya is an amazing artist--AND friend--she is a truly beautiful person!!!

    AND so are YOU!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments make me happy, so even though it says "no comments", just click on it and comment away. Aloha!