Thursday, August 8, 2013

What!? It's August already?

Aloha!
Time sure flies when I'm busy being lazy and uninspired.  I have no idea what happened to July.
 I did however take a couple of jewelry soldering classes.  I wanted to step outside the box to get over my fear of the flame.  These classes were a great start for me because, in class we used the smaller butane torches and not the acetylene torches.  Those big mamas scare me big time!
Here's the first project:

I used fine silver (99.9), and this was a fusing technique, so no solder needed.


In another class, we were instructed to use sterling silver and/or 14k gold-filled square wire.  I did both gold and silver projects.  Here's some simple rings:



So, my final class, a bezel cup attachment class, a few weeks later, I almost melted one of the little cups! The torch was a little bigger, meaning a little more power!  But inspite of it all, here's that final project:


 
Well, that's it for now.  Hope you all have a wonderful August!
Aloha,
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you were really productive! I love all your pieces! I think I mentioned to you before that I'm afraid of fire but I do have one of those small torches for jewelry making.I took a class before and we used the 99.9 and in the beginning I made a lot of little silver balls when I was getting used to the torch!
    You've inspired me to go find my torch!Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grammie--
    Your jewelry class is suiting you well- your pieces are lovely. You are so brave-- i could not do that in a million years!

    Thank you for stopping by to see my Sacred Yarn room-- it's so nice to meet new friends:)
    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to make jewelry. Each piece is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How happy I am to see you have a new post! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments make me happy, so even though it says "no comments", just click on it and comment away. Aloha!