Friday, December 17, 2010

This Santa's Workshop is cracking

Aloha everyone,
I don't know why, but I woke up this morning and had this over-whelming need to cry. Not hysterical kind, just the tears kept flowing kind. Maybe from lack of sleep? I've been averaging 4-6 hours nightly these days; seems there's only one elf in the workshop. Maybe a lack of B-complex vitamin.
At any rate, here are some of the things I've been up to.  I ran away from the workshop this past weekend to attend a silver smithing workshop (last minute decision). I've always wanted to attend one of Gordon Uyehara's classes, but noticed the prerequisite was his basic silver class. I figured everyone would be busy with the Christmas hustle so I called 2 days before the class and sure enough there was an opening.  I learned a lot of good pointers from Gordon and now I'm not so afraid to use the torch (which I had for years) or the propane dome oven (hardly used) since taking his class. Gordon is a silver master and he makes everything look so easy, plus he's so laid back about the whole subject.  I can't wait to take his other classes next year.   So, here's a few of the charms I made:
I took some rubberstamps that I had and used them to impress the silver clay. The one with the tombow, I first used a texture plate, then stamped with the tombow. The piece that looks like a coin was also a stamp, I just cut around the piece about 1/8" before firing.  I so enjoyed the class, however,  I don't think I'll be making more until next year. I feel like things are moving so hectically, I think if I stop, I'll fall off the train and can't get back on.
I'll post the teatime boxes I've made after tomorrow, 'cause I'm giving them out tomorrow night.  In the meantime, here's a few of the thirty something cards I've been frantically making.
These are all fast and fun. On the inside (sorry, not shown), I used the spellbinder to frame out the sentiment that I typed on the computer and printed.
That's it for now. Aloha,

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! I can empathize with you, though. Today was the first day that I got to craft in a while. I've been glued to the computer for work stuff and learning about fertilizers, of all things!LOL!

    I love your silver pieces and you're so lucky to take one of Gordon's classes!I have a torch, too, which is weird since I'm really afraid of fire, I have the hardest time with even Bic lighters!I got my torch when I was learning how to fuse silver.

    Anyway, I love your holidays cards,too, and I hope you get to really enjoy the Holidays!

    Hugs!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. those charms are beautiful! can't believe you made them with your stamps. love the cards too... but i think i'm partial to the tree... wink, wink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you took time. It is good to release. I really know this to be true for me. Get little respite times. Take a walk with only happy thoughts allowed and know you are a beautiful, wondrous soul. Blessings friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wayna: Your silver is so beautiful. I am so glad you took the time to cry about it. It is something that always helps me feel better. I think it is God's gift to us for peace. I will pray that you will have God's peace this holiday season. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm looking through your blog, and it seems you've been a very very very busy woman! :) hehe .. you've got LOADS of beautiful things that you've created! And these charms that you've made are so LOVELY! :) Plus the cards you're whipping out .. wow! "thirty something cards?" WHEW!!! I would never be able to manage that many! LOL!

    I hope you have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a wonderful New Year!!! ps .. try to get more rest at night okay? ;)

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments make me happy, so even though it says "no comments", just click on it and comment away. Aloha!